Intervention agreements became more popular in the late 1900s, as real estate surveys conducted prior to the sale of real estate often showed that property owners were involved in neighbouring properties. The intervention may be a fence, a wall or other structure, which is erected on land that extends to the legal property of another. Also consider the resale value on the line. Even if you agree with someone who can use your property for a particular purpose, that doesn`t mean the next person will be. In addition to violating their property rights, an intervention could force them to pay more for title insurance because they have to insure the invasive structure. Interventions cause title problems because the nature of the interventions makes ownership boundaries blurred. A potential buyer who discovers that he or she may be involved in a transaction may decide to pass on the purchase of a property or offer less money, which is why it is important to think about it. Some landowners are attacking their neighbours by knowingly going beyond their land boundaries. Someone who builds a fence or makes a complement to their home, although they are aware of the land lines, do so on purpose. However, in most cases, an intervention is involuntary – if a property owner is not aware of false information about legal limits or has false information. For example, a landowner may inadvertently enter a neighbour`s property by growing a hedge or tree beyond the boundaries of the land. Suppose your neighbour built a shed on your property before it was fully designed for housing use.

They could accept a relief that would allow them to access their shed. They also have great common access that they use to access their belongings. This would be another situation in which an agreement on relief might be acceptable. The City Council is not required to take further action for an intervention agreement if the Director of Community Development or the Planning Commission has recommended against approval. An interested party can request consideration by the city council by submitting a written application to the city`s author within 10 days after the director of the municipality`s development or planning commission has submitted its recommendations to the city council. [Ord. 1167 No 2, 2003.] C.